Today I had a bit of a wander and managed to come back with about a kilo of these beauties:
After a bit of a bath and some time for the resident fauna to wander off...
Mmmmm. I froze 3/4 of them, and the rest I turned into a glorious crumble. Which is completely against the diet, but meh and blah, I don't care :)
Here's the recipe!
Blackberry and Apple Crumble
Serves 4, approx 350 calories or one 2.5k run per portion (eeks)
450g Bramley apples
2tbsp granulated sugar
180g plain flour
90g golden caster sugar
90g unsalted butter, cold
1. Heat your oven up to 180 deg C/160 deg C fan
2. Core and slice the apples. No need to bother peeling them.
3. Cook the apples in a pan with the water and granulated sugar over a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Bung in the blackberries and let simmer over a low heat whilst you make the crumble.
4. Mix flour and golden caster sugar in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour and sugar using the tips of your fingers. Don't worry about lumps! All the better in crumble.
5. Spread the fruit over the base of an ovenproof dish, then sprinkle the crumble mix evenly over the top.
6. Bung in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the fruit bubbling up through.
7. Add a dollop of your favourite naughty creamy adjunct and devour (low fat creme fraiche in this case, which works beautifully), whilst feeling very smug.
Don't forget to tell the fitbit how bad you've been ;)