Sunday 3 February 2013

Elin Modification Step 4

Aaand we're nearly there.
Customising
Yes, you're getting your body back. 
After letting the face-up set, it was time for hair. I must admit, it was the hair that started this whole process off. I'd happened upon a totally gorgeous re-root from the talented Piparrot on the Blythe Kingdom forums and just had to have it.
Customising
This is where we were headed from the start!
I'm not really what you'd call a sugary sweet princess... but after drooling over the divine Juliet, there was most absolutely a hole in my life the shape of a mohair girl.
Customising
Er... not really your style, dearie. 
Unfortunately, attaching a re-root is not the most dignified process in the world.
Customising
S&M, Blythe Style
But it was absolutely and completely worth it!
Movember
Before... 

Elin
...and after!
(And OH, the glittery lids!)
Elin

I'm beyond amazed with what I've managed to achieve, especially as the work on her this week was punctuated by the Boyfriend being rather unwell and frantic revision for my big exam at the end of the month. I will say that working on a real Blythe (even an SBL!) is much easier than a factory. The component quality is much higher, the eye chips are easier to remove and the mechanism seems a bit more sturdy.
Elin

I had a bit of a wander around evilBay yesterday... and my next project might just've fallen into my shopping cart. Watch this space, big plans for this one!

4 comments:

  1. Can I just say GOBSMACK!!!! and THUD (me falling over) I am so amazed at what you have achieved. I would be so scared to take apart my girls but you may of convinced me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can have an intro to deconstruction session if I come over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I stumbled upon you , on youtube...I am getting a custom blythe, but want to try my hand at it myself, I may just do A TAngkou first ...cheaper that way :) love your blog I will be looking all night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments, Linda. I hope you find the videos useful. I'm not the most photogenic flower, hah :D

      Haven't laid hands on a Tangkou myself, no idea what they're like to work with. I'd be interested to find out.

      Delete