Number 3, as she's being called around here, was always purchased with the intention of using her as a customisation guinea pig.
Last night, after a frustrating day of failed corsetry (more about *that* over the weekend), I decided it was time to get going on her.
|Number 3 has lost her head...|
|Removing the eye mech is the bloody scary bit!|
There was a moment where I regretted using a factory Blythe for my first; a bit of low-quality eye mech plastic decided to break on me. Looking at the part, I think it's designed to be stationary, so I should be alright to superglue/epoxy/thread wrap it into place, but it was still an AAAARGH moment.
|Boggled, sand-matted, lips carved... nostrils need more work and we're going to do a little gaze lift, I think.|
The eyelashes are staying as they are, they're swoopy and lovely.
And for the benefit of those of you who know me in person: I DIDN'T CUT MYSELF AT ALL, despite using craft knives and blades and other spiky sharp things. Woooyeah, GO hand-eye co-ordination.