Tuesday 19 June 2012

The times, they are a-changing

Saw this on one of my favourite sewing blogs today and just had to share. Of course, I am invariably perfectly lipsticked, powdered and with immaculate hair whilst creating my Makie Couture and not wearing my smelly pyjamas, oh noes.

Image snaffled from Did You Make That, via her friend via... well, we've no idea.


I must admit, there's a bit of me that would rather like to be sat serenely sewing with all of the housework done and a meal on the table when my hard-working husband comes through the door on the stroke of six. It's the same bit that rather enjoys waxing the dining table, baking, turning out cupboards and hoovering. 

Alas, it's not a terribly large bit, so it rather gets pushed aside by all the other bits, which are fond of faffing around and reading books, drinking wine, birdwatching, taking long baths and working twelve hour shifts on an alarmingly regular basis... but hey, I do wear powder and the occasional bit of lippy with the scrubs. And my hair is always imma... um... huh. Well, I have hair. That will have to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment