Tuesday 30 July 2013

Brainwave!

You may remember awhile back, I was getting excited about being invited to my friend's historical wedding. 

Since my rota came out and I realised I can go, I've had a lot of trouble finding the right patter to make the long-suffering boyfriend's Littlefinger-esque outfit. 

Here's what we're going for: 
(The one on the right, of course)

I was pretty much near defeat this evening on my third trawl through the interwebs. I'd even turned to the hideously overpriced realm of Etsy in my torment. All the men's costumes were too piratey or soldiery and not nearly possessed of that almost ecclesiastical, priestl... Wait. Priestly? Like... A priest?! 


Nailed it. 

This is perfect for the basis of the coat; I can easily make it more waisted and a couple of gores if I need to. I'll only have to shorten it a little bit and I've got some brilliant Norwegian metal frogs (very much like on Tyrion's costumes) for the front closure. I do have to say, I feel like a complete genius.

Now all I have to do is decide what I'm wearing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment